Friday, April 17

Technical difficulties.

So, I finally wrote a couple more blogs - and I just logged on to post them - however, they are not saved in a format this computer can read. Woo hoo! I'll have them up as soon as I can figure it out.

For now - Dan is officially published online! Go to www.climbing.com and he's right on the front page - if you click on his reader blog, you'll find an entry and a few photos from Hampi, India. We just spent almost 3 weeks there bouldering and hanging out with some great people.

We're in Delhi at the moment - a chaotic, smelly corner of the world - and will get to spend tonight (Dan's birthday!) with my friend Sara. She's also in India (down south in Kerala) for a few months studying and working...but had a holiday week and we'll be crossing paths. Always great to see a familiar face!!

Some news: Dan has contracted rabies. Well, we're not sure he is actually rabid - but he was attacked by some random dog on the street in Hyderabad the other day (check out his blog for the full story) and is now receiving the rabies vaccine. Funny - and not so funny - all rolled into one - the first shot he received was directly in his buttocks!

Also, I walked straight through a public urinal yesterday. I'm not sure how it happened - but I was following Dan around this crazy corner and we didn't pass through any doorways or anything - yet suddenly I was engulfed by the rancid smell of stale urine and there were four guys lined up with their backs to me. Public urination and defecation are pretty much everywhere here - apparently, railroad tracks are also a perfectly acceptable and often utilized 'dumping area'. We saw a lot of bare bottoms during the 26-hour ride north!!

Every day is an adventure - hope yours are too!

No comments: